Despite the similarity in the activities of the Council of Saudi Chambers and Chambers of Commerce and Industry, there are many differences in their respective work as demonstrated in the following:
- The Council of Saudi Chambers is the umbrella and the only legitimate representative of the Saudi business sector in all its various groups, sectors and regions, while the chambers of commerce represent business interests in regions where they exist, whether in Riyadh, Jeddah, the Eastern or others.
- The Council of Saudi Chambers is the body that sponsors and represents the interests of the Saudi business sector and the chambers of commerce locally and internationally through various activities and membership in local and international organizations.
- There is a wide range of economic sectors represented and served by the Council of Saudi Chambers through 32 national sectoral committees, and the Council has the right to establish new committees as it sees necessary for the national economic interest. The Chambers of Commerce, through its competent committees, participate in the National Committees at the Council alongside experts and specialists.
- What makes the Council of Saudi Chambers special is that it has a comprehensive department dedicated to serve the economic relations of the Kingdom with trade partners in various countries around the world through 31 Saudi-foreign joint councils.
- The Council of Saudi Chambers offers exclusive services in a number of fields through the Saudi Coding Center, ICC-Saudi Arabia working under the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, the Committee on the development of international trade, the Center for Small and Family Enterprises and the Center for Information and Economic Research.
- The Council has the primary role in participating in the drafting of regulations and decisions governing and serving the Saudi private sector through its membership in various committees, the Shura Council and the Commission of Experts.
- Work mechanisms differ between the Council of Saudi Chambers and Chambers of Commerce, seeing as the Council works through general secretariats and specialized centers, like the General Secretariat for Foreign Affairs, the Secretariat for Economic Affairs and the General Secretariat for Nationalization, and others. The chambers on the other hand, use the system of specialized departments.