To support Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs) in the Kingdom and develop their contribution to the development of economic and social development.
To become the main tool for developing SMEs in the Kingdom through the contribution in finding an suitable and encouraging working environment to help establish and support SMEs in cooperation with the Saudi Chambers and relevant organizations. And to act as a link between the Chambers of Commerce and those organizations in any endeavor that will serve that sector.
1. Dissemination of self-employment culture in the community and the development of entrepreneurship and leadership among young people.
2. Working to strengthen the role of Saudi Chambers in supporting and developing the sector.
3. To coordinate with the concerned government bodies and working on gathering and consolidating efforts.
4. Promoting the use of international programs designed to promote SMEs and to benefit from successful international experiences in the promotion and development of SMEs in the Kingdom.
5. Facilitate the financing of SMEs.
6. The preparation of studies and the provision of up-to-date information and data on the sector.
7. Enhancing the competitiveness and export capability of SMEs.
First Objective: Dissemination of self-employment culture in the community and the development of entrepreneurship and leadership among young people.
This is done through:
1. Working with stakeholders to prepare an outreach program that aims at encouraging young people to work in small and medium enterprises. This program includes: lectures in schools about the importance of self-employment, distribution of leaflets about this, the allocation of pages in Chambers’ and the Council’s publications and websites.
2. To prepare an information awareness program, pamphlets, printed instructions on the importance of SMEs to the national economy.
3. Cooperation with educational institutions (the Ministry and Universities) about the introduction of educational materials to encourage and inspire self-employment.
4. Organizing a special program in cooperation with the educational organizations to provide examples of successful businessmen and their experience in the form of public lectures in schools and educational institutes.
5. Publishing a magazine that specializes in promoting a culture of self-employment and leadership among young people.
6. Disseminating a culture of self-employment through the Center’s web site.
Second Objective: Working to strengthen the role of Saudi Chambers in supporting and developing the sector.
This is done through:
1. Encouraging Saudi Chambers to establish administrative units concerned with servicing the sector.
2. Coordinating and unifying efforts made by the Chambers, by working on the implementation of joint projects between the different Chambers, and through opening permanent channels of communication between the Chambers to provide support, sharing of information and exchange of experiences.
3. Working on the development of services that are provided by the Chambers in the area of SMEs.
4. Working on the development of the human capital who will be working in the development of SMEs.
5. Working to strengthen the role of chambers in the provision of programs offered by stakeholders, such as Saudi Credit Bank program Kafalah program, Abdulatif Jameel program, and the Centennial Fund programs.
6. Request of views from the Chambers on possible ways to address the problems of regulations and bureaucratic procedures that hamper the work of SMEs, and discuss them with officials in the governmental bodies concerned, so as to have a clear vision consistent with the needs of those enterprises.
1. Periodic coordination meetings of officials responsible for the development of SMEs in the Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
2. Organizing events related the SMEs sector.
3. Implementing joint projects related the sector such as the preparation of studies, and workshops.
4. Conducting training courses for Chambers’ staff in cooperation with international and local bodies.
Third Objective: To coordinate with the concerned government bodies and working on gathering and consolidating efforts.
This is done through:
1. Supporting the establishment of a dedicated governmental organization for the purpose of regulating the sector’s affairs.
2. Identifying the bodies that are linked to the sector.
3. Proposing policies and strategies to improve the business climate surrounding SMEs, which reflects the vision of the private sector represented in this case by the Saudi Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
4. Supporting the cooperation between government agencies concerned and the different Chambers, and the pursuit of coordination between efforts to achieve integration.
5. Working with the relevant authorities to simplify procedures and facilitate all the mechanisms at all stages of the establishment and operation of the project.
1. Organizing meetings between bodies with similar functions (regulatory, or technical).
2. Organizing regular coordination meetings between government officials and officials in the Chambers of Commerce to exchange views and put forward the problems faced by SMEs and discuss them and put forward appropriate solutions to address their situation.
3. Proposing necessary amendments to legislations and regulations on SMEs, which contribute to the creation of a favorable investment climate for this type of facilities.
4. Cooperating with the Ministry of Planning in the formulation of long-term strategy for the development of small enterprises that fall within the five-year development plans.
5. Urging concerned government departments to support the strategy which has been adopted in this area.
Fourth Objective: Promoting the use of international programs designed to promote SMEs and to benefit from successful international experiences in the promotion and development of SMEs in the Kingdom.
This is done through:
1. Study the experiences of developed countries in support of SMEs.
2. The development of cooperation with the relevant authorities in countries with successful experiences in this area.
3. The development of cooperation with international organizations, in providing technical support and training.
1. Activate the relationship with regional and global organizations specialized in supporting the sector.
2. Visit successful international experiences and observe them closely.
3. Provide programs to develop Chambers’ competencies in the area of SMEs.
4. Participation in local and regional conferences and symposia that unite those experiences in a practical way.
5. Coordination with the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) on how to activate the role of foreign investment in the development and expansion of the sector.
6. Activate cooperation with the International Labor Organization.
7. Activate cooperation with the UN Industrial Development Organization UNIDO.
Fifth Objective: Facilitate the financing of SMEs.
This is done through:
Facilitating access to funding from the relevant public and private sectors.
1. Opening channels of communication with the financing bodies, and encouraging them to support the sector.
2. Working to facilitate the procedures related to the provision of bank credit to the sector.
3. Open channels between the funding institutes and the Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
4. Provide a database base on the methods, regulations and requirements of the funding .
5. Building a database about the opportunities and innovations in this sector.
6. Provide awareness on the modern methods of financing such as venture capital.
7. Coordination of efforts between the funding agencies, with a goal to regulate funding and to ensure they cover all economic sectors.
8. To overcome the problems faced by SMEs in obtaining the necessary funding from commercial banks and the specialized financial institutions.
Sixth Objective: The preparation of studies and the provision of up-to-date information and data on the sector.
1. Determine the objectives of supporting the small and medium enterprises, after doing a comprehensive and integrated studies of the basic definitions of SMEs, and the selection of the most appropriate one that best serves the interests of SMEs in the Kingdom.
2. Gathering all the existing and possible problems and obstacles faced by SMEs that limit their growth, whether existing or expected and to formulate appropriate policies to correct them, according to the results of these studies which will be prepared by the either the Center or Stakeholders.
3. Collecting, analyzing and drawing the most important results of the studies and research.
4. Study possible ways to strengthen and consolidate efforts made by the relevant authorities.
5. To list the services made for the sector to identify the elements that support it, and to stimulate the development of programs serving new areas.
6. Preparation of how-to manuals that provide practical instructions.
7. Study investment opportunities available in Kingdom in cooperation with the Chambers of Commerce.
1. To provide a specialized and integrated database on SMEs, the services provided by the Chambers and other agencies, the studies on the sector, and the investment opportunities available.
2. Strengthening the cooperation with the sources of information both in the governmental bodies or the Chambers.
3. Providing how-to manuals that will give practical instructions.
4. Providing information on the website of the Center.
5. Providing information services to professionals and those interested in the field of SMEs.
Seventh Objective: Enhancing the competitiveness and export capability of SMEs.
This is done through:
Firstly: Contributing to enhance competitiveness by providing technical support, guidance and funding:
1. Encourage creativity and individual initiative by the experienced and professional people.
2. Contributing in the spread of business incubators in the Kingdom.
3. Provide counseling and advice to existing or planned SMEs, and introduce to them the legislation, instructions and available marketing and investment opportunities.
4. Contributing to the marketing of products of SMEs through participation in international exhibitions, and through promoting and encouraging economic integration among SMEs by strengthening the cooperation between the Center and National Committees to help identify the requirements of large companies of raw materials and production requirements that can be provided by SMEs.
5. Identifying the training needs of SMEs to meet these needs through the preparation of programs and specialized training courses both internally and externally.
6. Providing guidance services for SMEs.
7. Providing counseling services and advice for those wishing to establish small projects, by introducing the trends of the state, legislation, regulations and directives in place.
8. Working with stakeholders to prepare an outreach program that aims at encouraging young people to work in small and medium enterprises. This program includes: lectures in schools about the importance of self-employment, distribution of leaflets about this, the allocation of pages in Chambers’ and the Council’s publications and websites.
Secondly: Enhancing the sector’s export capability through:
1. Participation in fairs to market the products of these enterprises locally and internationally.
2. Preparation of manuals on how to export for the sector.
3. Contribute to the promotion of the utilization of those facilities from export financing programs.
4. Cooperation with the Saudi Exports Development Center to set this option in motion.