National Center for Family Businesses Brochure
Family businesses represent a main pillar in national economy in Saudi Arabia as they portray an extension of leading pioneers in private businesses in the Kingdom, and contribute largely to its economy in terms of meeting society's demands of goods and services, creating job opportunities, and enhancing local GDP. The vitality of family businesses in the Kingdom can be seen in several aspects, including:
•The average revenue of family businesses is estimated to be SAR 22.5b for each company.
• Family businesses represent the main tool in diversifying the Kingdom's economic base as
they contribute to approximately 50% of local non-oil GDP.
• Family businesses are an intrinsic pillar to the private sector as they form 95% of businesses
in the Kingdom.
• Family businesses are the main recruiters in Saudi economy, representing 80% of total private
•The Kingdom posses 48% of family businesses in the Middle East in which 62% of family
business revenues centralize.
The Royal decree No. (49691) issued on 15/11/1433h approved the recommendation of the permanent committee of the economic council which entails that the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, in coordination with the Council of Saudi Chambers, should re-launch the National Center for Family Businesses at the Council of Saudi Chambers, and support it by setting a financing mechanism, as well as to launch a family businesses center in each chamber of commerce in the Kingdom, which reflects the government's keenness on achieving a sustainable growth for family businesses, and assures this sector's vitality to the private sector in particular and to national economy in general, which in turn acknowledges the challenges that face family businesses.
Definition of family businesses:
Each organization that is owned and managed by a family. A member of a family business is a member who belongs to the family that owns the business and helps manage its affairs.
Mission of the center:
Enhancing the role of family businesses in the social and economic development process, and strengthening its competitiveness in global economy.
Objectives of the center:
The center is a non-profit services center which is financed through its activities, membership fees and donations. Some of the center's main goals include:
• Enhancing the concept of institutional work in national family businesses.
• Seeking a systematic organizational structure for family businesses.
• Enhancing and documenting the social and economical role of family business leaders in the
Kingdom to incentivize future generations in the sector.
• Strengthening team work and family values to create a force capable of facing challenges in
• Advocating professionalism and administrative thinking in family businesses.
• Recognizing current and expected issues and challenges facing the sector and seeking
solutions to face them.
• Bridging gaps between family businesses and seeking an economic integration form in this
• Providing distinctive information services by offering family businesses with all required data
in organizational, legal and administrative fields, as well as the business opportunities
available for them.
• Preparing successful future leaders of family businesses by equipping them with the
required leadership and administrative skills.
Services of the center:
• Finding common grounds in family businesses disputes
• Awareness services
• Information and studies services
• Coordination with concerned bodies
• Consulting services
• Training and education services
• Family relations services
Work strategies of the center:
• Focusing on providing direct services to members
• Building strategic partnerships with specialized entities, locally and globally
• Establishing specialized centers for family businesses in Saudi chambers
• Establishing a sustainable partnership with concerned bodies.
The organizational structure for the National Center for Family Businesses
*Key programs of the center:
• The consulting meeting of members of the center
• The leading Saudi businessmen program
• The hospitality program
• The seniors council
For more information, please contact
The National Center for Family Businesses
Phone / 00966112182370
Fax / 00966112182370