The National Committees' Mission:
Working on developing the sector they represents, studying the obstacles and constraints it encounters and proposing appropriate means to overcome them in a way that achieves the best interest of the sector and the public interest as well.
The National Committees' Strategy:
In the beginning of its formation, each committee formulates its own work strategy through its session - which should include a clarification of the strategic vision and mission of the committee. It also selects its work program according to the role and tasks of National Committees.
Objectives of the National Committees:
- Supporting and following-up on common interests of the economic institutions operating in different economic sectors.
- Studying and reviewing the applied regulations and decisions related to the sector.
- Promoting the role of the sector through media and introducing its importance.
- Coordinating with committees in the Chambers of Commerce and Industry, in addition to staying constantly updated on their views and informing them of any procedures carried out by the National Committee.
- Preparing studies and research related to the sector.
Formation of National Committees:
National committees are formed from Saudi businessmen selected by the Chambers of Commerce and Industry based on criteria and requirements which contribute to the development of the role and performance of these committees. These criteria are based on the following:
- Practicing the activity that the National Committee represents.
- Appropriate academic level.
- Willingness to do volunteer work.
- Commitment to attending the committee's meetings.
- Participating in the committee's activities.
- The National Committee has the right to nominate whoever they deem beneficial to the committee and has an effective role in achieving its objectives like experience workers in this sector or another.
- The Committee shall elect at its first meeting a Chairman and two Vice-Chairmen from among its members according the attached forms (No. 1) to achieve fair results. The assigned period for the chairman and the vice-chairmen is one year, then they can be re-elected or other members might be elected. Renewing the period for the position of Chairman and Vice-Chairmen is one additional session. The session coincides with the session of Council of Saudi Chambers.